Wednesday 24 September 2008

Chinese Teas

I spent some time taking some photos of my tea canisters and teapots on the weekend, only to have the camera run out of batteries before I could upload the photos to my computer. I still haven’t got around to charging the batteries (I keep forgetting), but in the meantime, check out these links to a fascinating series of articles about the teas of China being posted at T Ching by James Norwood Pratt. They contain many fascinating snippets of information, most of which are new to me, I confess (who would’ve thought that ‘gunpowder’ green tea originated as a means of keeping the tea fresh by rolling it into little balls with a small surface area?). There are four articles so far (including the introduction), keep an eye out for more as they come…

Introduction
Lu cha
Dragon well
Biluochun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails