Tuesday 18 May 2010

Tuesday's Tea of the Week: Chamomile Sunburst.

Chamomile Sunburst is probably the nearest and dearest to my heart of all my blends; it's the first one that I came up with when I was toying with the idea of setting up shop on Etsy. I got the idea for it from one of the Tea Shop Mystery books - Death by Darjeeling, I think - which mentioned a blend of chamomile, papaya, rosehips and vanilla.** I couldn't find any dried papaya, so I substituted dried apricots and never looked back.



Being a herbal concoction Chamomile Sunburst is caffeine free. It has a wonderfully heady vanilla fragrance and subtle vanilla flavour with a touch of tartness from the apricots and rosehips, all mixed up with the sweet appley taste of the organic chamomile. I would love for everyone to buy some of this, not because it will make me money but because it is just so damn nice.

Next week: Rosie.

** Just to prove that I have read all these books too many times, I will note that this particular blend was called 'Angel Oak'. Yet in another book - I can't remember which - Angel Oak is the name given to a completely different blend. Authorial slippage? Or was the original Angel Oak just not a good seller? Only Laura Childs may know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails