Tuesday 25 May 2010

Tuesday's Tea of the Week: Rosie

I have a cold and didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm going to keep this post as short and sweet as the tea itself. Rosie is a blend of organic Sri Lankan green tea with fragrant, lightly crushed rosebuds. It brews up into a lovely delicate infusion; no need for added sugar or honey, it's delicious just as it is.

As a side note, I really like the green tea that I use as a base for my green tea blends - it's an interesting mixture of different shades of green and is mainly comprised of large-ish leaves. Its taste is a tiny bit astringent at first, with a touch of mintiness (which I believe can be characteristic of Sri Lankan teas) but it mellows into a beautiful lingering sweetness. Very easy drinking, and it reinfuses well once or twice too.

Next week: Paintbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails