Monday 5 May 2008

Tea Thought for the Day

Tea is only this: First you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly. That is all you need to know.
- quoted in Tea Life, Tea Mind by Soshitsu Sen

Something to think about... I am ruminating a lot about what constitutes drinking tea 'properly' at the moment though. More on this when I have more time!

I eventually got around to re-steeping my Buddha's Tears yesterday - it held up quite well I have to say, although much of the jasmine flavour had gone with the second pot. The green tea flavour was still very pleasant though. I will happily get two pots out of it in the future. Sometimes discarding tea leaves after only one infusion strikes me as rather wasteful - although it depends on the tea. I wouldn't bother reusing most of my herbal blends - all the volatile oils disappear too quickly. I suppose tannins must be more robust...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails