Tuesday 24 June 2008

Out with the old and in with the new!

Yesterday and this morning I have been drinking some tea that I actually don’t really like: Honey Green Almond from T2. I only have a little bit left so I’ve been trying to finish it up – all gone now, thank goodness. It’s a green (unoxidised?) honeybush blend which smelt really good when I first bought it (some months ago now) but I didn’t enjoy drinking it as much as I could have – I just tried to find a description of it on the T2 website but it doesn’t appear to be available any more (probably cos, like me, most people didn’t like it much).

I can’t even really say what I don’t like about it. I think it’s the ‘chocolate’ flavour (it’s meant to have chocolate in it, but I can’t see any, so I think it’s just a flavour). I have nothing against chocolate but it just doesn’t work in this blend. I might try just some plain, regular honeybush though when I have a chance to go back to T2 (hopefully soon).

In other, more exciting news, my new teas that I ordered from Oriental Tea House finally arrived yesterday!! I was so thrilled I was inspired to do a little happy dance (much to my husband’s amusement).

I spent the evening drinking the Relaxing tea… so good! It has peppermint, wolfberries, ginseng, licorice and Chinese dates (you can eat the dates and the wolfberries, also known as goji berries, after you’ve finished making tea with them – they’re yum). The licorice is not too prominent, fortunately – I don’t mind it but too much can be a bit sickly because it is very sweet. Instead, it’s lovely and subtle. Most of the kick from the peppermint is in the first infusion (you can do up to three, these Chinese herbal blends tend to be pretty robust) and after that the more delicate woody and sweet flavours of the other herbs and fruits come through.

Today, I have brought the Chai to work, so if I have a chance I may be able to post a review about that (didn’t have time on the weekend to do the Hari Har Chai review – too busy!)…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails