Tuesday 14 July 2009

Teacup Candles by Twilight Spells

These gorgeous little teacup candles arrived on my doorstep the other week - my housewarming present to myself (or at least that's my excuse anyway):


I found them browsing on Etsy through the 'shop local' feature, where I was looking at recently listed items from sellers in Melbourne and Sydney. There were so many beautiful designs to choose from, but I fell in love with these, plus I figured they would go very nicely with our dinner set. They've been gracing the dining table on most nights since they arrived.



They're made from upcycled vintage teacups collected by the lovely Ruth at Twilight Spells in Sydney and are filled with clean-burning soy wax. Check out the others in her shop - they are too pretty for words, and you can choose your own fragrance for the wax (or leave them unscented). I decided on honeydew melon for these ones, largely (I confess) because the cups themselves were so green; they smell delicious, sweet and fruity without being overpowering.

I generally prefer to drink out of my vintage teacups (of which I have a slowly increasing collection - another post about that to follow shortly), but this is such a terrific idea I wish I'd thought of it first... Thanks Ruth, I will be checking in at your shop regularly!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovey feature! The candles look gorgeous on your dining table, it's nice to see them burning. I am so glad that you are happy with them, and I look forward to seeing you back in my shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure in every way Ruth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails