Thursday 26 November 2009

Smooth Chamomile

I was intrigued by this recipe for a chamomile, peach and ginger smoothie from the moment I saw it on Taste.com.au - I know I have written about using good ol' C. sinensis in various smoothies but chamomile? Hmm.

But peaches are in season (yay!) so earlier this week I decided to brew up a strong pot of my Chamomile Sunburst blend and use that (instead of the plain chamomile and the ginger) to make a version of this smoothie. (I thought that the Chamomile Sunburst blend would go well in this because of the dried apricots it contains, complementing the peachy flavour). I also used some homemade (very runny) yoghurt instead of the milk, and added a tablespoon of chia seeds instead of the optional wheatgerm.


Verdict = YUM! Definitely give this one a try, either in the original or the revised version ( the Chamomile Sunburst is available in my Etsy shop...) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails