Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tuesday's Tea of the Week: Relax

My Relax blend was created at the request of my friend Melanie, who wanted to know if I could make something similar to a herbal blend that she loved, but wasn't able to get hold of easily where she lived. I thought this would be an interesting challenge... and luckily Melanie, I and many of my other customers have been very happy with the result!


This has definitely become one of my most popular teas. I love the look of the variegated green leaves, and I also love drinking it myself... in fact I think I need to go and divert some of my bulk stock to my pantry right now.

Relax contains a beautiful array of calming, soothing herbs - lemon balm, passionflower, skullcap, limeflowers - and a bit of spearmint and stevia (a naturally sweet herb) for added flavour. Everything organic! The stevia makes it sweet enough that you shouldn't need to add any honey or anything. However, Melanie likes to drink hers mixed with her favourite black tea... a combination I have also tried and can heartily recommend! I am wondering whether I should actually offer such a blend, pre-mixed, it's so nice!


Just as a word of warning, because of the passionflower and skullcap, I wouldn't recommend drinking this tea during pregnancy without at least consulting with your health professionals first.

Next week: Chai Masala

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm going to have to buy so much tea in the next few weeks! I just bought a couple different blends from the Tea Centre, though, so I'll have to wait 'till I use some of that up (shouldn't be too hard). Looking forward to trying your teas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! I opened my last pouch the other day so I'll have to order some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds similar to herbal blends that I sometimes make up myself. I like to grow lemon balm in my own garden.

    Have you ever tried holy basil? I find it to have a noticeable relaxing effect--more so than any other herbs I've tried. There's also a lot of research on its medicinal uses and health benefits, which are fairly diverse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails